Paul Model is a corporate lawyer representing public and private companies, investment and commercial banks, investment funds and nonprofit organizations. Paul has extensive experience in the fields of drug development, medical technology and life sciences. His counsel ranges from advising startup enterprises through the negotiation of licenses with multinational pharmaceutical companies and representing both issuing companies and investment funds in venture capital and other financings. Paul has extensive experience with a full range of financing techniques, including convertible preferred stock, bank loans and other debt financings, and forward commitments for equity, debt and shareholder documentation. Paul’s practice includes:
- Corporate and securities
- Joint ventures and other strategic alliances
- Licensing and strategic alliances
- Financing of privately held companies
- Mergers and acquisitions
- General corporate counsel
- Drugs and medical devices
- Represented target in stock acquisition of a privately held company by an acquiror going public through a SPAC.
- Represented privately held company in multiple rounds of mezzanine debt financing.
- Counsel to advisor engaged by principals in the majority of tenders for publicly held debt securities conducted in the US market.
- Represent drug developer in a licensing transaction with an international patent consortium sponsored by WHO.
- Represented privately held LLC in the creation of a novel equity compensation plan.
Community & Professional Involvement
- New York City Bar Association, member
Prior Work Experience
- Davis Polk & Wardwell
- Emed Technologies Corporation, General Counsel