Julie Horowitz represents emerging growth companies, startups and established companies of all sizes and structures. As a respected business lawyer, Julie advises entrepreneurs, lenders, venture capitalists, investment bankers and investors in corporate and securities matters. With experience across a diverse array of industries, Julie counsels clients through some of the most important transactions connected to their long-term success, including:
- Angel and venture capital financing
- Business and corporate counseling
- Buy/sell agreements
- Corporate and securities law
- Employment agreements
- Entity selection
- Joint ventures
- Lending transactions
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Partnership and LLC operating agreements
- Private equity offerings, registration statements and private placement memoranda
- Proxy contests
- Startup and emerging growth companies
- Stock option and employee benefit plans
In addition to handling corporate law matters, Julie’s experience also includes commercial real estate law, including loan workouts, restructures and foreclosures and bankruptcy law representing multiple creditors committees and debtors in Chapter 11 filings.
- Representation of a company developing industry-leading algorithmic trading solutions in connection with a $5 million Series A investment round.
- Representation of a rapidly-growing company developing an online ecommerce platform in the liquor industry in connection with a $2 million Series Seed investment round.
- Representation of a gaming company in connection with a $1.5 million Series Seed investment round.
- Representation of a leading education company in connection with its proposed sale to a strategic buyer for a purchase price of approximately $20 million.
- Representation of the family office of a major European automotive family in connection with numerous Series A investments in US early-stage companies.
Prior Work Experience
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Camhy Karlinsky & Stein
- Citicorp Real Estate Inc.